.:art is my life.
.:3 years strong.
.:hope anchors the soul.
.:i am far from being perfect.
.:i've learned by trial and error.
.:demetria devonne "demi" lovato.
"What I’ve Learned:
1. A girl can lose feelings for you over night.
2. A kiss can be just that, a kiss. Completely meaningless.
3. Love can be one sided but I still wonder if that is love at all
4. Never beg for someone to stay or to love you. You shouldn’t have to beg for someone to be a part of your life or to love you. You deserve better than that.
5. Stop breaking your ribs to make space for those who do not belong there.
6. Learning to breathe again is harder than the doctors said it would be.
7. I don’t know what hurts more at night; being alone or being in love.
8. Laying with someone in bed at night is temporary. It won’t get rid of the lonely. You will still wake up and leave in the morning with a heavy heart and no hand to hold.
9. Sometimes the sky rains gasoline instead of water and you have to be strong enough and ignore the urge to set yourself on fire.
10. I will be okay someday. Bad things happen for no reason sometimes and things end but that shouldn’t mean you should come to an end too. The ocean will always have waves; I just have to learn to swim through them for a bit longer.
11. The stretch marks I left on my mother from birth will not be another suicide letter I never finished."
"So yes I know how angry, or naive, or self-destructive, or messed up, or even deluded I sound weaving my way through these life stories at times. But beautiful things. Graceful things. Hopeful things can sometimes appear in dark places."
Lidia Yuknavith, The Chronology of Water (via deadvibe)
"She was afraid of things that never happened. It continued to scare her; it didn’t matter how much you tried to reason with her or tried to calm her down. It wasn’t certain. She liked the warmth of the Sun because it was always there; she knew it will rise every day. She wasn’t afraid of the Sun; she didn’t have to worry about the Sun not rising the next day. With all her worries and fears, even though, most of them were imaginary, she still struggled to do the things she wanted to, like fall in love."